Lonely Planet San Francisco 12 (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's San Francisco is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the brilliance of the Golden Gate Bridge, swing down Balmy Alley for a slice of Mission life, and take in the city's hills on a cable car ride - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's San Francisco:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with Wi-Fi, ATM and transportation info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, drink, sport, politics
- Over 43 maps
- Covers Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, downtown, North Beach, Chinatown, Nob Hill, the Mission, the Castro, the Haight, Japantown, Berkeley, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's San Franciscois our most comprehensive guide to San Francisco, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)