In the Market for Murder (Lady Hardcastle #2) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Lady Hardcastle series.
- #1: A Quiet Life in the Country (Lady Hardcastle Mystery #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: Death Around the Bend (Lady Hardcastle Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: A Picture of Murder (Lady Hardcastle Mystery #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: The Burning Issue of the Day (Lady Hardcastle Mystery #5) (Compact Disc): $25.99
- #6: Death Beside the Seaside (Lady Hardcastle Mystery #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: The Fatal Flying Affair (Lady Hardcastle Mystery #7) (Paperback): $15.95
Spring, 1909, and Lady Hardcastle, amateur sleuth and all-round eccentric, is enjoying a well-deserved rest. But a week after a trip to the cattle market, Spencer Caradine, a local farmer, turns up dead in the pub, face-down in his beef and mushroom pie. Once again, it is up to Lady Hardcastle and her maid, Florence, to solve the case.
Armed with wit and whimsy, not to mention Florence's mean right hook, the pair set out to discover what really happened and why. Was it poison or just ill luck?
As they delve further into their investigation, they encounter a theft where nothing is stolen, a's ance with a troubled ghost and an ever-increasing number of Spencer's family and friends who might just have motive for murder. One thing's for sure: Lady Hardcastle has a mystery on her hands.